It’s official. I have a low key obsession with rattan, seagrass, wicker and hyacinth. All the baskets, lights and pretty much anything that can be rattan I want, and need. ‘Rattan light shades’ is my current go to google search as I am looking to add at least 3 or 50 to my new home. They work perfectly with the interior trend I am looking to achieve and they add such warmth, and cosiness to a space. Worried that it’s going to go out of fashion soon? Rattan has been weaving its way into homes for the last two years, and there is no show of it abating anytime soon.
Rattan is not known for being the cheapest, and with the popularity of this trend, the price continues to rise (much like everything right now, sobs). So, for that rattan finishing touch that will create that relaxed, yet stylish look throughout your interiors, I have sourced 30 of the best (IMO) rattan light shades under £100, helping you to get that look for less.
30 Rattan Light Shades Under £30
1.Seagrass Pendant Dome – Hudson Home This pendant dome has been at the top of my to buy list as I just love the colour of the seagrass, I have found a cheaper similar option in number 8 though. Dome pendants are so versatile for any room in the home.
2. Wicker Woven Easy Fit Pendant – Dunelm If you like a more structured light, this Dunelm light is a great choice.
3. Elements Jaula Easy Fit Rattan Pendant – Dunelm Rattan can be abstract too!
4. Banso Wicker Lamp Shade – Nkuku I’m obsessed with anything Nkuku at the moment, this is the only rattan light shade I could find that was under £100, but if you have a bigger budget then you absolutely will want to consider the rest of their range.
5. Henna Woven Lamp Shade – Made A slightly lighter rattan than the other dome pendants, perfect for teaming with muted naturals in your interior such as cream, olive and brown.
6. Makita Woven Grass Ceiling Light – La Redoute A row of three of these over a kitchen island would look incredible.
7. Natural Seagrass Curved Lampshade – La Redoute The elongated shape of this light is perfect for rooms with higher ceilings.
8. Cynara Ceiling Lamp Shade – Kave Home This is the Hudson Home (number 1) dupe which is almost half the price. Rattan usually means that the shape of the pendant can vary, but if you don’t mind a not so perfect shape then this shade is a steal.
9. Hamilton Weave Natural Pendant Shade – Iconic Lights Think bedroom, or hung as a row of three over a kitchen island.
10. Kylo Woven String Pendant Shade – Dunelm I love this shade as the shape reminds me of a lantern, I could imagine this working well in a hallway.
11. Ceiling Lamp In Bamboo – Sklum Rattan light shades literally come in all shapes and sizes, if this style is your kind of thing…
12. Large Rattan Pendant Light – Furniture123 A delicate pear shape for a neutral, relaxed space.
13. Natural Rattan Bamboo Zen Style Pendant Light Lighting – The Work Alley This style pendant would work in a multitude of rooms, and also in commercial settings such as a cafe or Maldivian bar?
14. Rattan Easy Fit Shade – Studio I much prefer this style of rattan where there is more space between the weaves as it makes the light feel softer, and lighter.
15. Ovalo Natural Rattan Pendant Lamp Shade Large – Oliver Bonas Love, love, love.
16. BHS Natural Woven Rattan Light Shade – Matalan This is a really cute shade which would look best as a row of three over a kitchen island.
17. Hao – natural rattan easy fit lampshade – Lights And Lamps I can’t help but think this looks like a basket that your grandma used to put the biscuits in when you came round, anyone else?
18. Ferm Living Braided Rattan Lampshade – Rose And Grey If you want to add an eclectic element to your home then this bottle lampshade could be the one.
19. Beru Rattan Lampshade – Kayu Home I really do love this style and colour of rattan in a lampshade.
Rattan obsessed, clearly. I just love this trend so much as it can work with a number of different interior styles from Nordic design to coastal Hampton’s style. Which rattan light shades are your favourite?