Trying to buy for a friend or family member when they’ve just bought their first home is the hardest thing. It’s like having no idea what to get, yet them needing EVERYTHING! Also, depending on their taste and style, you don’t want to buy something that doesn’t fit with their scheme or doesn’t get used.
Unless they’ve moved from a rental property they probably will be starting from scratch and need to buy everything from furniture, appliances to decorative accessories when they move that quickly adds up. No matter what you contribute as a gift, it is sure to be gracefully welcomed knowing it’s one less expense! Plus, when you know someone has just made the biggest decision of their life, it’s nice to show how proud and happy you are for them.
I do think housewarming gift ideas can be really difficult to decide on which is why I have put together a little edit on 30 housewarming gift ideas that are all under £30! Enjoy…
1.Pomegranate Bath & Body Gift Set – £28.00 – The Pomegranate set reminds me of when I moved into my flat and someone gifted me the matching diffuser. This scent is uber gorgeous and feels so luxurious. These really are the little luxuries people will appreciate so much as getting all the necessities purchased is the only thing on their mind, and budget list!
2. Nordic Style Donut Vase – £19.99 + – These are everywhere at the moment and they’re super cute. Flowers are such a typical gift and you need a vase to put them in! Picking up a little bunch with this would make a perfect gift.
3. Sass & Belle Tan Woven Coasters – £10.00 – Rattan everything for me at the moment.
4. Gold Mirrored Round Drinks Tray – £20.00 – You’ve got to get them ready for their housewarming party, right?
5. Eva Solo Salad Servers Set – £30.00 – Even if they don’t eat salad, they’re cuuttteee!
6. Joules Stripe & Honeycomb Cotton Tea Towels, Set of 3, Yellow/Blue – £19.95 – I adore this set of tea towels. They’re one of the most used items in the kitchen IMO, and you need spare whilst they go through the wash. Even if they’re gifted others, they will always come in handy.
7. John Lewis & Partners Glass Storage Jar with Bamboo Lid, 1L, Clear/Natural – £9.00 I feel like you really know you’ve got your shit together when you start using storage jars instead of the plastic packaging they come in. LOL. From a transparency perspective though, if you’re looking for something in a cupboard it’s much easier to spot in these.
8. John Lewis & Partners Squeaky Clean Bath Mat – £20.00 Gotta love a bath mat with a cute slogan.
9. 42cm Artificial Trailing Eucalyptus Plant – £19.00 – Fake plants are the ideal low maintenance gift for a new homeowner and they can instantly transform a shelf or side table.
10. Lurik Water Glasses (Set of 4) – £26.00 – I love the gold band on the top of these and the subtle fluted design makes them look really classy.
11. 50-60cm Bunny Tails/Lagurus Ovatus Bunch in Natural (50 stems approx) – £15.00 Dried plants are the biggest thing this year. Swap out a bunch of real flowers for something that lasts much longer.
12. Rectangular Paddle Chopping Board with Blue Edge – £18.00 Just because we all need a cute chopping board that sits on the side and never gets used.
13. Marble Soap Dispenser – £24.99 So much nicer than a basic carex soap bottle!
14. Deep Pile Bath Mat – £17.99 Is there a better feeling than stepping out of the shower onto a little slice of heaven? No.
15. Small Storage Basket – £8.99 Storage baskets always make a great gift because they can be used in any room. These rattan, wicker style baskets are really on trend at the moment.
16. Personalised First Home Map Print – £6.99 + This is such a gorgeous print, I love that it’s personalised because it’s really unique and personal to the person/couple.
17. Home Sweet Home Candle Gift Box – £19.50 If you really don’t know what to get, you just can’t beat a little made up gift box like this. Most people love candles and it’s has a really personal, thoughtful touch.
18. New Home Personalised Door Mat – £9.59 + A door mat is going to be the last thing on their list, especially a cute, personalised one like this. SO cheap too!
19. XL Large Pampas Grass | 1.1m Fluffy Pampas Grass Bouquet – £22.40 + Trust me, they’ll love it.
20. Olivia Pink Ceramic Mug – £12.00 One can never have too many mugs. Whilst my cupboard is already full of mismatched mugs, I will STILL delight over a new cute, pink mug. Buy the mug.
21. Hanging Necklaces Artificial Plant – £19.50 LOVE!
22. Pineapple Stacking Glass Tumblers – £19.50 For the Insta mad friend, look no further. These pineapple stacking tumblers are so gorgeous, perfect for adding to their copper bar cart.
23. Porto Stoneware Heart Ramekin – £12.00 Everything tastes better in heart shaped ramekins. Fact.
24. The White Company Oven Glove – £25.00 Tea towels just don’t cut it in my mind, a good pair of oven gloves will go the extra mile and they last for ages.
25. Monaco Supreme Cotton Towel – White – From £3.00 Who doesn’t want hotel style towels each, and every night? I adore everything from Dusk and have heard great things about their towels.
26. Geo Embossed Stacking Mugs – £24.00 A gorgeous set like this really helps them to get started when they move out. Plus, it means there’s no excuse to offer their guests cups of tea!
27. Face Ceramic Vase – £18.00 Gift with a bunch of fresh eucalyptus for a fresh, fun gift.
28. Matte Gold Cutlery Set, 24-Piece – £29.99 Just, beautiful. Whilst they probably already have a set of cutlery, there’s nothing better than a really pretty set that they can bring out for special occasions.
29. Gourmet Pancake Mix – £7.50 My sister gifted me one of these a couple of years ago and it was my favourite present! I love pancakes anyway, so a no brainer really. But it’s just something a bit different which will be loved, used and eaten.
30. Handmade Natural Boho Placemats – £7.99 Just because rattan is everywhere right now, these matching placemats and coasters would make a perfect housewarming gift.
I hope you’re fuelled with plenty of inspiration for that next housewarming gift you need to purchase. If you’re looking for more personalised gifts, Etsy really is the best place for this – I could browse it looking at ideas for ages!