I’m a firm believer in the 80/20 rule of life, I also personally think fad diets and waist trainers are a waste of time, and whilst you will notice differences within a couple of weeks, you’ll find that the results are generally short term. I eat a very balanced diet during the week with a lot of protein to complement my training and I try to cut out as much sugar as I can out of my diet, it really is the route of all evil. Sugar makes me really ill whether it’s in chocolate, cakes or bread so I really do try to avoid it in the week. Because I’m busy all week as well I struggle to find a range of healthy snacks to keep me going, Nakd bars are my instant go to as they are healthy and easy, but I was looking out for something else that I could bulk cook and have in my lunch boxes during the week. I have pinterest to thank for this little find again, there are SO many recipes for 3 ingredient cookies on there and they literally are what they say, 3 ingredients, and super easy. It probably takes me about 5 minutes to whip it all together and put it into the oven, and it makes roughly 19 small cookies which I can freeze and eat when I want! As I said there are many different variations to this and I was dubious at first because I literally hate banana. Which is annoying as it’s probably one of the best fruits to eat post exercise, banana is a very distinctive taste, but don’t let it put you off as when you combine the different ingredients and cook them the taste is so faint that you won’t realise it’s there! Because I love this recipe so much I thought I would share it with you all, it really is the perfect recipe if you’re looking for something quick, healthy and delicious!
Serves: 17 small cookies
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups of oats
- Dark chocolate chips or cut up dark chocolate (more than 60% – the healthier it becomes!)
- Cinnamon or other spices (optional)
1. Peel the bananas and mash them up in a bowl, this can be done with a potato masher or a fork.
2. Once at a smooth consistency add 2 cups of oats to the mixture and stir until they are both well combined.
3. Then start adding in your chocolate chips and any other spices. I LOVE cinnamon and have it on everything, it’s a great anti inflammatory, antioxidant and is so good for you. The reason I use so much in this recipe is because it takes away the taste of the banana. You can add as many chocolate chips and cinnamon as you wish though which is why I haven’t stated how much to add in the ingredients list.
4. Once it’s all mixed in together, start scooping the mixture out onto a baking tray. Make sure it has baking parchment on first as they will stick else! I usually do tablespoon dollops of the mixture which makes small cookies. You can make them as big as you wish though.
5. Then cook in the oven at 180 degrees for roughly 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
6. Freeze the cookies in the freezer, and call upon when needed!
They also taste amazing fresh from the oven thanks to the gooey chocolate chips! Who knew being healthy could be so tasty?! It definitely is something I look forward to as my mid morning snack at work!
Have you tried making 3 ingredient cookies before? Do you have any other healthy snack recipes? Do link me below!